First be aware that any modification of the Kaleidescape product is dangerous and will void all warranty.
- Open up the case
- Remove the old power supply
- Insert the new one, if the cable holders are not 100% the same use some hot glue to fix. Make sure that the ground/5V are correct matching the cable. Red =5V, black = ground
- Connect power and measure with a power meter the voltage supplied on board
- Adjust the adjustment pot on the power supply to 3.3V
- Have a look on the fan, if its old and noisy it needs to be replaced. To test use a blow dryer and heat up the U20 chip on the board. The fan should power on shortly. DO NOT OVERHEAT U20 !!
- Replace the fan if needed (You maybe have to “modify” the cables a bit)
- Control all work done
- Close casing.