Click Link to download the program PC-setup_XX.7
Using Swisscom TV in small environments is rather easy, just connect all Swisscom TV boxes into the Swisscom router and you are ready to go.
Looking to larger installs, specially in the residential area, this setup structure is often not an option as the complete in-house network is managed by a IT company or it has a network structure which does not follow the Swisscom guidelines.
The Cisco Small Business line of switches works usually very well for residential installations, for Swisscom TV they need a special configuration.
As specifications can change, this howto may only be a guideline, is has no intention to be absolutely correct.
- Swisscom router which connects to port 6 of the switch
- Swisscom TV box on port 7 and 8 of the switch
- VLAN 20 is used for all Swisscom TV data
- Cisco SG300-10, firmware 18.104.22.168 (or higher)
- IPv4 is used
- Log in to the switch and go to VLAN Management -> VLAN Settings, create a VLAN for the Swisscom devices
- Assign the ports to the VLAN
- Under Multicast -> Properties activate and select the VLAN in the drop down. Activate for IPV4 the forwarding method IP Group Address
- In Multicast -> IPv4 Multicast Configuration ->IGMP Snooping activate IGMP Snooping Status and IGMP Querier Status
- Select VLAN 20 and hit Edit for additional settings
- Multicast -> IPv4 Multicast Configuration -> IGMP VLAN Settings.
Select the VLAN 20 and set accordingly
- If the switch still is flooded an additional setting can be done under Multicast – Unregistered Multicast.
Activate filtering of all unregistered multicast.
This howto bases on this environment:
- Control4 system with EA-5, OS 2.8.2
- Control4 touch panel Wall-10 and TT7
- Universal SIP Doorstation driver (intercom_universal_doorstation)
- Symetrix Radius EX with 2 Line VoIP Interface Card
- Control4 driver for Symetrix matrixes, available on this website
- Door intercom with analog audio in/out, contact and a relay for control (Nothing brand specific)
Existing buildings do often have intercom systems built in which are most likely not integrate into a SIP system like Control4. Various brands and techniques, often country specific manufacturers, old installations are already present in the field. Nevertheless Control4 customers are living in such buildings and want to integrate the door communication into the Control4 system.
Analog interfaces to get/send the audio and I/O’s are often available for this kind of installations, or can be engineered with very little effort. Using these possibilities Symetrix can act as interface between that analog and the SIP world of Control4
Add the appropriate driver from the library. If a doorstation interface is wished take the Universal SIP Doorstation driver, else the Universal SIP Phone and add it to the project.
Make sure to set username and password for the SIP accounts, later on we have to insert that into the Symetrix config too, so write it down. Afterwards go to Actions and press Idle State.
If a camera is present add it to the system and select it as alternative camera, select the door interface buttons to be active and insert the text that should appear on the Navigators
Go to Agents and make sure all devices are in idle state an there is a group with a number defined which we will use as group to call on a doorstation event, for example group 22
Insert the VOIP card and make sure that its recognized by the unit. Open the design on the Radius EX by double clicking on it. Two new modules appear, both named with 2 Line VoIP Interface.
Minimum configuration is to connect the 2 VoIP modules to input/output as shown above. For sure other modules can be connected, such a supermodules or other to get a smarter config…
A double click to the bigger one of the two 2 Line VoIP Interface will bring up the VoIP module interface to manually take/do calls. Insert there the group we will call on C4, in our example group number 22. Also right click the number in front (marked in red) and assign a control number, 9000 in this example. Do the same for the button Call/End with another control number 9001
To continue our setup, press Configuration Settings, a new window open with the status messages of our running VoIP configuration
Again we have to go a step further by pressing VoIP Web Admin to be launched on the preferred interface, most probably on the AV Network
A new browser window opens with the effective SIP configuration pages. First set the IP of the VoIP module to a decent one.
Jump over to the SIP settings and set the codec priority, G722 does provide the best quality
Afterwards set up the SIP accounts with username and password noted before.
Jumping back to the VoIP module interface we can try to do a call and as well to take calls. Try both ways to ensure to get audio both ways
Triggering a call on contact closure
Connect the contact lines from the 3rd party doorstation to a Control4 controller and insert a Single Contact using Composer, in Connections connect it to the hardware where the cables are connected. Using the matrix driver (well if it is not present in the project its now time to drop it in and do all settings that it runs, see the driver manual on ho to do this) we enter the 2 control numbers 9000 and 9001 as raw subscriptions
And in programming we setup up that the contact closure does send out the control numbers
If a end of call is provided by the doorstation the control number 9001 can be sent in the same style with the value 65535 to end the call
As alternative also an analog input from Symetrix can be used and trigger directly the control number.
Open the door
A single relay can be added and connected to a hardware relay, wire the cables to the doorstation relay input. To open a door with the door interface buttons simply add a task in programming which closes the relay
Don’t forget to open it after a few seconds, otherwise the door will be open forever.
Follow these steps to get the Directors logs if support ask for it.
- Start Control4 System Manager, all Programs -> Control4 -> Composer x.x.x -> System Manager. (If the System is not on site, first Connect with Composer to it)
- Select your Controller in the list and press connect
- Go to the Logging tab and select the Level trace for Director
- Once the log level has changed open Windows Explorer
- Insert into the address line \\IP.of.your.Controller and press enter. The Samba share of the Controller does show up
- Navigate to \log\debug and find director.log
- After debugging deactivate the log by setting the log Level to default using System Manager
If you experience slow reactions, access agent which does not authenticate the code entered on the new wall panels C4-WALL10 and C4-WALL7 you should probably restore the panel to factory default. Make sure the panel is identified in the system. Then go to >Settings > System Info > and Select Factory Data Reset. Wait for a few minutes and the panel will update and load the project, done
Genesis Technologies has released today the drivers to get the VTouch Plus keypads integrated into the Control4 world. See the very beautiful glass keypads here: http://vitrea-sh.com/solutions/vtouchplus/
All you need to integrate is the Control4 driver software and the VBOX-Plus Gateway (which you anyway have if you own these keypads). For more details please visit the driver page here
Driver Store features:
- Buy license keys fully electronically
- Checkout via PayPal, use the preferred credit card
- Bought licenses appear seconds after successful PayPal processing in Dashboard
- No more email ping pong with license keys
- You need to log in to access the Driver Store
Driver Dashboard features:
- Assign bought licenses to systems
- List licenses for copy/past (for offline licensing)
- Change and update systems, change main Controller MAC (in terms of a change) and retrieve new license keys
- Auto push licenses if not applied on driver Properties
- View driver health (only available if indicated on the drivers description page)
- Remote control drivers, switch on online log (only available if indicated on the drivers description page)
- View drivers logs online
- More to come, stay tuned!
- You need to log in to access the Driver Dashboard
Have you ever heard a Symetrix Radius or Edge combined with a ADA PTM-1645VC or a Lexicon DD-8?
Even though that combination sounds good, its a breeze to combine them technically. No need to trigger over control systems, doing whatever programming.
Using this prebuild super-module for Symetrix Composer all PTM’s can be controlled from one serial port of a Symetrix unit. Setup instructions are inside the supermodule
Daisy Chain of PTM’s is supported.
Cabling: Symetrix RX goes to ADA ring, TX to tip, ground to ground
Download here (login needed)
The DD-8 needs to be controlled over a single trigger, using one control output of a Symetrix unit. All 4 zones of the DD-8 are supported, merged.
Setup instructions are inside the supermodule
Download here (login needed)
The Koubachi sensor does not only work for plant monitoring, its also handy to bring values to C4 like brightness and temperature. Be aware that the sensors are reporting back every 24 hours, so its not a real time application. Mainly the sensors are designed to measure soil moisture. combined with C4 an automated watering system can be designed.
To use it with C4 you need to take the following steps:
- Order your Koubachi plant sensor
- Open a Koubachi account at https://my.koubachi.com/
- Register and set up your sensor, a good starting point is here: http://go.koubachi.com/
- Do all settings that you have at least one plant and one sensor
- Make sure your plant sensor is set up correctly. Take a note of the MAC
- Enable the json API here: https://labs.koubachi.com/ Request the activation from the api, you will get confirmation email. Login and you can see under “Your Account” the “user_credentials” and the “app_key”. Take a note of them.
- Add the custom lua functions driver to your C4 project. Download here
- Add the config file into the path the custom lua function driver is displaying in Properties. Download here: GTASLCO4CULUFU_koubachi
- Modify the file you just copied, insert the “user_credentials”, mac and “app_key” at the last 3 lines of the file, modify the existing values.
- Go to custom lua functions driver and press “Load file” in Actions
- Have a look in the programming section:
- Have fun.