The process is identical for switch and dimmer, in this example we take a look at a dimmer driver which needs to be replaced.
- Make sure you have updated the driver to Version 10.6.2 or higher. Go to Driver -> Add or update Driver and select the driver file.
- Check version by right clicking on the driver
- Refresh the project in Composer by pressing F5 or File -> Refresh
- If the version is correct add a new KNX Dimmer driver from the online database to the project.
- Jump to the old driver and select in the popup window of the Property Replace with C4 Dimmer driver the new inserted KNX Dimmer driver.
- Press Set
- Jump to the new driver and see if all Properties were correct transferred.
The driver name also is taken over, and the old driver is marked with obsolete.
- Buttons connected to the old driver were also transferred to the new driver
- Delete the old driver, AFTER you have checked Programming if there is anything to do.